Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A graphical item displayed on a screen or stored as data.
picture, illustration, imageicon, logodiagram, graph, chartView synonyms
- ‘The balloon was designed to be the first to burst through into the stratosphere, as illustrated by our computer graphic below.’
- ‘You have displayed the graphic in the chosen video mode.’
- ‘A raster graphic is basically a bitmapped graphic (as opposed to a vector graphic), thus a raster bar is a bitmapped graphic of a bar.’
- ‘This will convert the colored graphic into a black-and-white bitmap file.’
- ‘The main factors that influence the display of graphics for the Web, are the size of the file and the screen display quality of the graphic.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.