One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to genes.‘a genic mutation’
- ‘Therefore, different grass lineages show lineage-specific patterns of local evolution in genic and intergenic sequences.’
- ‘More generally, there is a need to discriminate between the effects of chromosomal rearrangements and linked genic incompatibilities in both plants and animals.’
- ‘Reproductive isolation is often caused by the disruption of genic interactions that evolve in geographically separate populations.’
- ‘This, in turn, should help us identify selective forces that act within genes and thereby understand which genic features are of functional significance.’
- ‘The simplest case involving natural selection is genic selection in the absence of extinction and recolonization.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.