One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A festival or gathering devoted to a particular activity or interest.‘an annual food and wine fest’‘the fest will include 37 feature films’
- ‘This year, the fest runs from September 5-14, and press conferences announcing the lineup are already underway.’
- ‘The low-key temperament of the film (and its director) made it a good choice for Vancouver's fest.’
- ‘A more interesting film, also centering on Filipino-Americans, closes the fest.’
- ‘Emma Miller introduces London's annual Asian Art fest.’
- ‘In the spring we have a strawberry fest with members picking for free, feasting with friends, and touring the farm.’
- ‘Sadly, my favourite film of the fest's first days will not be up for the Palme d' Or.’
- ‘The fest's focus on New Argentine cinema is especially timely.’
- ‘A world-class city offers a world-class fest.’
- ‘In all, Philly put on another great fest.’
- ‘Several days into the fest, the press screenings started getting rowdy.’
Mid 19th century: from German Fest ‘festival’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.