Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A heavy uncharged elementary particle considered to transmit the weak interaction between other elementary particles.→ Z boson
- ‘The Z particle decayed almost instantaneously, but left a distinctive trace in the collision data.’
- ‘The W and Z particles are quite massive for elementary particles; they are roughly 100 times as massive as the proton.’
- ‘In addition, the theory requires that the W and Z particles, like the photon, should be massless.’
- ‘Initial operation involved low beam intensities, and these runs failed to produce W or Z particles.’
- ‘The W and Z particles are called intermediate vector bosons and are the exchange particles for the weak interaction.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.