Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An information system on the Internet which allows documents to be connected to other documents by hypertext links, enabling the user to search for information by moving from one document to another.
- ‘The General Markup Language begat the Standard General Markup Language that begat the HyperText Markup Language that made possible the World Wide Web.’
- ‘Are you intimidated by such terms as Download, Hyperlink, Online, Homepage, World Wide Web?’
- ‘The NACTA Web Page Committee shall manage the NACTA Home Page on the World Wide Web.’
- ‘Here is another fine Q&A from Richard Ishida of the World Wide Web Consortium Internationalization Group.’
- ‘The National Audubon Society Field Guides are now available on the World Wide Web at eNature.com.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.