Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An underwired, padded bra designed to enhance a woman's cleavage.
- ‘In the early 90s the padded push-up Wonderbra revolutionized the lingerie industry.’
- ‘It's quite amazing - wondrous even - the effects you can get from a wonderbra.’
- ‘Women's relationship with their breasts changed irrevocably with the launch of the Wonderbra in 1994.’
- ‘She is the face, not to mention bust, of Wonderbra in Argentina.’
- ‘The fitter recommended a rigid foam bra, like a Wonderbra, to a researcher in her 80s.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.