One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
West Indians, especially the West Indian cricket team.
- ‘Whoever wins, will almost certainly qualify for the Super Six phase, although the Windies must still beat Kenya on Tuesday.’
- ‘We followed the Ashes, the English County Championship, Cricket in the Windies.’
- ‘His contract ends only next year after the tour to the Windies.’
- ‘I used to love watching Australia play the Windies, loved watching Viv Richards.’
- ‘Windies all out for 237, Aussies 1 for 120.’
- ‘The Windies were making a last ditch effort to save the match with Lara at the middle.’
- ‘However, massive credit to the Windies, who seem to be gelling into a rather attractive team of late.’
- ‘Brian Lara, the Windies only remaining genuinely great cricketer, has scored 100 runs total in the first three tests.’
- ‘In comparison to the yesteryear of Caribbean cricket, the present Windies are a " Sad Sight ".’
- ‘At the time of going to press, the Windies were 77 without loss.’
- ‘The Windies will begin their reply in 30 minutes.’
- ‘The Windies will be a force to be reckoned within the next U - 19 World Cup to be staged in New Zealand.’
- ‘The Windies have never really looked competitive throughout the series.’
- ‘They made me miss the Mound for the Test match, but at least the Windies won!’
- ‘We're doing okay at the cricket, being 158-1 against the Windies.’
- ‘Kenya hit 166 and then bowled out the Windies for 93.’
- ‘Liebenberg is a qualified physiotherapist who has been contracted to the Windies for the duration of the World Cup.’
- ‘Trescothick is still going at a run a ball and the Windies look a touch deflated out there.’
- ‘Soon after medium pacer Gayan Wijekoon snapped up Sarwan caught at short leg by Ian Daniel and the Windies slipped to 53 for 3.’
- ‘The Windies aren't doing any better than I am.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.