Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A fan of the British science fiction television series Doctor Who.‘as a fan from way back, Barrowman is well aware of just how passionate Whovians are about everything ‘Who’’
- ‘But the up-to-date Doctor benefits too from the rich heritage of past series, fondly pored over by Whovians.’
- ‘At under $10, though, it'll make a decent stocking stuffer for any longtime Whovians on your Christmas list.’
- ‘I'll take just a brief moment to talk about a seasoned Whovian's impression of a story from 40 years ago.’
- ‘It may have been a revelation to part-time armchair fans that the Doctor's been back but to the dedicated "Whovian" (or whatever they prefer to be called), he never went away.’
- ‘The Whovians seem to have shown their disgust by dusting off their old Tom Baker episodes rather than watching the new series as viewing figures dropped by around 2.6 million for Saturday's second episode.’
- ‘Given that he had to produce a series that would satisfy the BBC, Whovians, children, mums, grannies and their dog ... he did a magnificent job.’
- ‘As Whovians around the world sit and wait for the next series, maybe someone out there will rise to the challenge and take the Doctor to the next level.’
- ‘Like Sherlockians, Whovians often know just about everything about the Doctor.’
- ‘Soon embraced by both casual and hardcore Whovians alike, all eyes were turned on to how Tennant's run was going to end and with The Waters of Mars, things are finally getting back on track.’
- ‘Teenagers were gawping at them, dads were crossing them, moralists have been bashing them and serious Whovians wondered when they'd stop being forced to look at the pretty lady's legs and get on to the alien cyborgs.’
- ‘If Doctor Who fans are 'Whovians' and Star Trek fans are 'Trekkers' or 'Trekkies', what are Star Wars fans?’
- ‘The first words spoken in the series don't seem like much, but for the true Whovian they are something to relish.’
- ‘Who are the Whovians?’
- ‘It's a sad truth that he was axed from the goggle-box over fifteen years ago, but that hasn't stopped the die-hard 'Whovians' from mounting a campaign for his regeneration.’
- ‘As a Whovian, my love for Doctor Who has always run a bit hot and cold.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.