One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small German wine bar or tavern.
- ‘Much of Würzburg's nightlife takes place in its numerous Weinstuben (wine cellars).’
- ‘With fine menus and long wine lists, Weinstuben offer guests a selection of the regional specialties.’
- ‘Its well-prepared cuisine of Bavarian and German dishes is priced about the same as that found in far less desirable beer halls and Weinstuben (wine taverns) nearby.’
- ‘The Schroeders are planning to add a Weinstube, or wine bar, as a place to sit inside the restaurant and enjoy a glass of wine and conversation.’
- ‘Markets and restaurants are in walking distance of the campus - so are the Weinstuben, which start as soon a you pass through the medieval gate of the preserved city wall.’
- ‘This is the most visible Weinstube (wine tavern) in town, established 300 years ago.’
German, literally ‘wine room’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.