One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An Australian Aboriginal language of Northern Territory, with about 2,800 speakers.
- ‘Jeanie would like to see Warlpiri people taking control of their lives, reading and writing in English and Warlpiri.’
- ‘He also appears to have been unable to speak either Anmatyerre or Warlpiri.’
- ‘There is also no doubt that he already had a very good grasp of Anmatyerre and Warlpiri - he became fluent in Warlpiri during the 1930s.’
- ‘The history of Tracks' involvement with Aboriginal communities stems from a 1987 play, Desert Boy, written in Warlpiri by students from Lajamanu.’
- ‘As he put it to me, his instructions in Warlpiri or Anmatyerre were ‘Put down your spears.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.