Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A type of personal stereo.
- ‘The Walkman gave people their own music on the move for the first time, but they were limited by the number of songs a CD or tape could hold.’
- ‘It pioneered the category when it introduced the original Walkman in 1979.’
- ‘Whether people start ditching their iPods and Walkmans in favour of their mobile though remains to be seen.’
- ‘Listening on a Walkman often makes the music more personal and direct.’
- ‘Yet ‘Hold My Hand,’ which sounds as if she recorded it on a Walkman, mesmerizes still.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.