Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for W particle
- ‘The W boson is the key to our understanding of the weak force, which in turn can tell us how stars, radioactivity and other nuclear processes work.’
- ‘US particle physicists had never felt any real competition until the W boson was discovered at CERN in 1983.’
- ‘And on page 29 Peter Renton explains how the latest results on the W boson from CERN and FermiLab in the US are pushing the Standard Model to the limit.’
- ‘It was 20 years ago this month that particle physicists caught their first glimpse of the W boson.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.