One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for W particle
- ‘US particle physicists had never felt any real competition until the W boson was discovered at CERN in 1983.’
- ‘The W boson is the key to our understanding of the weak force, which in turn can tell us how stars, radioactivity and other nuclear processes work.’
- ‘It was 20 years ago this month that particle physicists caught their first glimpse of the W boson.’
- ‘And on page 29 Peter Renton explains how the latest results on the W boson from CERN and FermiLab in the US are pushing the Standard Model to the limit.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.