One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A North American woodland plant of the borage family, bearing blue trumpet-shaped flowers.
- ‘You can fill in between the plants with daffodils, Virginia bluebells, or annuals.’
- ‘As the foliage of Virginia bluebells goes dormant in summer it will be covered by the hosta or fern leaves.’
- ‘You may even have the earliest-blooming flowers such as the Virginia bluebell bloom before the shrubs are in leaf.’
- ‘We noticed a delicate fragrance on the breeze and looked down a steep slope toward the stream bottom and a sea of celestial blue Virginia bluebells.’
- ‘Spring ephemerals like Virginia bluebells are designed to come up and bloom early before the shade from deciduous trees gets too heavy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.