Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- see Sezession
- ‘So in 1897, Gustav Klimt, Kolo Moser, Josef Hoffman and others formed the Vienna Secession.’
- ‘His painting The Kiss is a symbol of Vienna Secession.’
- ‘The Vienna Secession was a seed of extremely radical, but also particularly coherent, thinking about art.’
- ‘Frank points out that the goal of the Vienna Secession was to break ranks with tradition.’
- ‘In 1897 Gustav Klimt founded with other artists the Vienna Secession and became its first president.’
- ‘The Vienna Secession was the younger artistic community's response to this dominant artistic movement.’
- ‘Another prominent representative of the Vienna Secession was the engraver and poet Oskar Kokoschka.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.