Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- see Sezession
- ‘Another prominent representative of the Vienna Secession was the engraver and poet Oskar Kokoschka.’
- ‘In 1897 Gustav Klimt founded with other artists the Vienna Secession and became its first president.’
- ‘His painting The Kiss is a symbol of Vienna Secession.’
- ‘So in 1897, Gustav Klimt, Kolo Moser, Josef Hoffman and others formed the Vienna Secession.’
- ‘The Vienna Secession was the younger artistic community's response to this dominant artistic movement.’
- ‘The Vienna Secession was a seed of extremely radical, but also particularly coherent, thinking about art.’
- ‘Frank points out that the goal of the Vienna Secession was to break ranks with tradition.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.