Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A system for identifying broadcast television programmes by a numerical code which can be input into a video recorder in order to preset recording.
- ‘Anyone know if Telewest are going to introduce VideoPlus for the TV Drive cos I'm sick of my recordings missing their last two or three minutes when programmes start late!’
- ‘Polycom VideoPlus delivers premier video quality with low latency and high fidelity 14 kHz audio to create a meeting at a distance that is more natural, more spontaneous.’
- ‘We do have plans to add VideoPlus codes.’
- ‘We call it VideoPlus University, and it has become a ‘must attend’ industry event.’
- ‘In addition, Mediashop VideoPlus has more than 100 added styles for you to download to your collection.’
- ‘The VideoPlus code sometimes generates the GCN number, seemingly only for the tuner channels I have stored.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.