Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A system for identifying broadcast television programmes by a numerical code which can be input into a video recorder in order to preset recording.
- ‘Polycom VideoPlus delivers premier video quality with low latency and high fidelity 14 kHz audio to create a meeting at a distance that is more natural, more spontaneous.’
- ‘We call it VideoPlus University, and it has become a ‘must attend’ industry event.’
- ‘Anyone know if Telewest are going to introduce VideoPlus for the TV Drive cos I'm sick of my recordings missing their last two or three minutes when programmes start late!’
- ‘In addition, Mediashop VideoPlus has more than 100 added styles for you to download to your collection.’
- ‘We do have plans to add VideoPlus codes.’
- ‘The VideoPlus code sometimes generates the GCN number, seemingly only for the tuner channels I have stored.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.