One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tropical South American water lily which has gigantic floating leaves with raised sides.
- ‘The Queen of Water Lilies, the magnificent Victoria lily, is very particular in her needs.’
- ‘There are also two species of Victoria lilies and various crosses of those that can be kept in larger ponds.’
- ‘It is filled with the colorful blooms of hardy and tropical water lilies, lotus and Victoria lilies.’
- ‘Matt has also been tremendously successful in growing the Victoria lilies here in Western New York.’
- ‘The Victoria lilies have red petals, and open with the rising sun and close with sunset.’
- ‘By the way, not everyone agrees with Lycopus that Victoria lilies are dicots.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.