One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tropical South American water lily which has gigantic floating leaves with raised sides.
Genus Victoria, family Nymphaeaceae: two species
- ‘There are also two species of Victoria lilies and various crosses of those that can be kept in larger ponds.’
- ‘The Queen of Water Lilies, the magnificent Victoria lily, is very particular in her needs.’
- ‘Matt has also been tremendously successful in growing the Victoria lilies here in Western New York.’
- ‘By the way, not everyone agrees with Lycopus that Victoria lilies are dicots.’
- ‘The Victoria lilies have red petals, and open with the rising sun and close with sunset.’
- ‘It is filled with the colorful blooms of hardy and tropical water lilies, lotus and Victoria lilies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.