Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A tropical South American water lily which has gigantic floating leaves with raised sides.
- ‘The Queen of Water Lilies, the magnificent Victoria lily, is very particular in her needs.’
- ‘It is filled with the colorful blooms of hardy and tropical water lilies, lotus and Victoria lilies.’
- ‘The Victoria lilies have red petals, and open with the rising sun and close with sunset.’
- ‘Matt has also been tremendously successful in growing the Victoria lilies here in Western New York.’
- ‘There are also two species of Victoria lilies and various crosses of those that can be kept in larger ponds.’
- ‘By the way, not everyone agrees with Lycopus that Victoria lilies are dicots.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.