Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The drug sildenafil, used to enhance male potency.
- ‘Note that you should not take Viagra if you take glyceryl trinitrate.’
- ‘Valium and Viagra are trade names, while diazepam and sildenafil are generics.’
- ‘It is the active ingredient in the anti-impotence drug known as Viagra.’
- ‘Drugs like Viagra, Cialis and Levitra are now the mass panacea for a flagging sex drive.’
- ‘What about a man who has a prescription for Viagra or some other erectile dysfunction drug?’
1990s: probably suggested by words such as virile and virility.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.