One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A drug taken to increase blood flow to the penis and improve erectile function.Also called sildenafil
- ‘Valium and Viagra are trade names, while diazepam and sildenafil are generics.’
- ‘Drugs like Viagra, Cialis and Levitra are now the mass panacea for a flagging sex drive.’
- ‘Note that you should not take Viagra if you take glyceryl trinitrate.’
- ‘What about a man who has a prescription for Viagra or some other erectile dysfunction drug?’
- ‘It is the active ingredient in the anti-impotence drug known as Viagra.’
1990s: probably suggested by words such as virile and virility.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.