One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A window with three separate openings, the central one being arched and taller than the others; a Palladian window.
- ‘The sight of sunlight striking the 16th century Venetian window frames not only took my breath away - it made me itch for my camera.’
- ‘I can see the Venetian window and the grape-vine curling up to the roof.’
- ‘It faces the front and is lit by a large original Venetian window with leaded diamond panes topped by a plaster archway.’
- ‘Next time you see a Venetian window, a triangular pediment, a coved gallery ceiling, or a Georgian terrace with lined stucco, remember who started it all.’
- ‘A Venetian window on the east side of the quadrangle which had been previously filled in, has been restored with new columns.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.