One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of soft French or Swiss cheese made from cow's milk.
- ‘A strong, glossy slick of Serra cheese was similar to Vacherin and the marinated sea bass was sharp and fresh and ceviche-like.’
- ‘As a centrepiece, I suggest a whole Vacherin, gently warmed in a moderate oven for 15 minutes, not to cook it but to bring it to a more attractive room temperature.’
- ‘You do not want to be left hunting for a decent Stilton or Vacherin at the eleventh hour.’
- ‘As soon as the Vacherin is cold, carefully peel off the paper and place on a serving plate.’
- ‘Vacherin cheese is only available for four months each year.’
French, from earlier vachelin, from vache ‘cow’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.