Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- more formal term for barcode
- ‘Similar to universal product codes - the UPC bar code found on packages products - PLUs mark fruit with a 4-or 5-digit number depending on how they are grown.’
- ‘An older and, maybe, more familiar approach to an electronic information collection system is the universal product code or bar code.’
- ‘There is such a thing as the Uniform Code Council that governs the universal product code.’
- ‘They'd printed lots of universal product codes for soup cans.’
- ‘The universal product codes are also great for inventory.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.