Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A rough-textured plaster finish for an exterior wall.
- ‘A Tyrolean finish, as demonstrated here, or Alpine finish can give texture to large areas of render’
- ‘Apply a single backing coat of Lamotex to bare faced block work and prepare the finish to accept a Tyrolean finish.’
- ‘This course is ideal for learning how to apply render to brick and block walls with piers and then achieving a Tyrolean finish.’
- ‘A Tyrolean finish, or Alpine finish can give texture to large areas of render.’
- ‘When the Tyrolean finish has cracked it allows moisture to penetrate.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.