One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Users of the social media application Twitter, considered collectively.‘the Twitterverse eupted in outrage’
- ‘Nine months after taking the Twitterverse by storm, the Prime Minister has turned his hand to blogging.’
- ‘Still, Darr said he can't believe the controversy generated in the Twitterverse, blogosphere, and academia, with some accusing the school of inflicting "a terrible thing and an infringement upon people's rights."’
- ‘He immediately lets the Twitterverse know the tumor has been isolated and it is penetrating very deep into the kidney.’
- ‘In the Twitterverse, the number of your followers, like a website's click-through rate, demonstrate online wantedness and potency.’
- ‘Twitterverse: If you were building a news website from ground up what would be the most important things to include?’
- ‘Bringing us back down to earth (or, rather, the Twitterverse), the beauty and health director has this to say about the website.’
- ‘The big and trivial news rises to the top of the Twitterverse.’
- ‘If the Twitterverse has so far passed you by, it's probably best described as a kind of mobile micro-blogging.’
- ‘The Twitterverse and other social media have been harnessed in less nefarious ways by Torontonians itching to have their say on the strike.’
- ‘Maybe they were too busy, but maybe there was also a lot of pressure not to screw up, an easy enough thing to do in real life but even more so in the Twitterverse.’
- ‘"I'm almost crying," he lamented to the Twitterverse.’
- ‘It's hardly surprising that when, earlier this month, Twitter's rock-star-like founders, @ev and @biz, tried to change this policy such that semi-private conversations could be semi-private once more, the Twitterverse shouted them down.’
- ‘Many fade away, others stick it out and are seeing the benefits as the 'Twitterverse'—the online world of Twitter users—expands.’
Early 21st century: blend of Twitter, the proprietary name of the social media application, and -verse.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.