One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A union or association between three powers or states, in particular that made in 1668 between England, the Netherlands, and Sweden against France, and that in 1882 between Germany, Austria–Hungary, and Italy against France and Russia.
- ‘Against the combined threat of France and Russia the Triple Alliance with Austria and Italy, though renewed in February 1887, was not enough for German security.’
- ‘Germany signed a secret alliance with Austria-Hungary and Italy, thus creating a Triple Alliance.’
- ‘In April 1668, Sweden joined the anti-French Triple Alliance with Holland and Britain.’
- ‘In 1915 Italy turned from the Triple Alliance to make a treaty with Britain, France, and Russia.’
- ‘In 1882 Italy entered the Triple Alliance with Austria and Germany.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.