Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(in some universities) the term beginning after Easter.
- ‘Just how many graduate students have applied for awards and have been rejected will not be known until the end of Trinity term, but the figure of unsuccessful applicants is likely to be higher than last year.’
- ‘Merton College has announced plans to close its kitchens for renovations for four weeks in Trinity term.’
- ‘With this position, as I found out, Llosa would be spending Trinity term in Oxford, giving a series of eight lectures on Hugo's Les Miserables.’
- ‘Excepting the post-finals trip to Manoir, it should provide the meal to look forward to in Trinity term.’
- ‘For any aspiring female boxers, Trinity term could be the beginning of an illustrious career.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.