One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The next Sunday after Pentecost, observed in the Western Christian Church as a feast in honour of the Holy Trinity.
- ‘The full ‘Trinitarian formula,’ which, most likely, makes this text the choice for Trinity Sunday, is a later development of the New Testament church.’
- ‘The point of Trinity Sunday is not to try to figure out a mathematical or metaphysical puzzle.’
- ‘All those daunted by the next sermon for Trinity Sunday will benefit from his exposition!’
- ‘In Christian gatherings, if Spirit is mentioned, it is usually something of an afterthought-a bow to the Trinity on Trinity Sunday, or in a supercharged-almost apologetic-way on the Day of Pentecost.’
- ‘The parish community extend sincere good wishes and support to Fr. Tomas Surlis, Tubbercurry, who was ordained to the priesthood on Trinity Sunday, in Tubbercurry Church.’
- ‘Appropriately, these were held on the weekend of Trinity Sunday, usually in June.’
- ‘At times churches have come to Trinity Sunday and have not given it the attention that it deserves.’
- ‘Unlike Easter, Pentecost, Christmas or Epiphany, Trinity Sunday, has no narrative, no biblical story to ground us in space and time.’
- ‘The church was called The Church of the Holy Trinity and the Patron Day was traditionally held on Trinity Sunday.’
- ‘It begins with Trinity Sunday and extends through the Reign of Christ / Christ the King Sunday.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.