Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for chiru
- ‘Four mountaineers in the high steppes of northern Tibet and northeastern China have located the key calving ground of the chiru, a rare Tibetan antelope.’
- ‘It will take 10 days for all the 40,000 female and baby Tibetan antelopes to cross the construction site.’
- ‘The endangered Tibetan antelope or the chiru has been chosen after a fierce global contest as one of the five mascots of the Beijing Olympics 2008.’
- ‘From tigers to the killing of Tibetan antelopes and sea turtles in Orissa, everything worries her, and there is a strong determination to fight against all odds.’
- ‘Many different kinds of wild animals live there, for instance, the Tibetan antelope, Asiatic wild ass and yak.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.