One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The religion of Tibet, a form of Mahayana Buddhism. It was formed in the 8th century AD from a combination of Buddhism and the indigenous Tibetan religion. The head of the religion is the Dalai Lama.
- ‘Many further speculative explanations of the significance of the mantra are found in Tibetan Buddhism.’
- ‘You probably know that in Tibetan Buddhism we have many incarnate Lamas.’
- ‘A central practice in Tibetan Buddhism is positive perception.’
- ‘The second most prominent spiritual leader in Tibetan Buddhism is the Panchen Lama, followed by the Karmapa Lama.’
- ‘She left a number of wonderful books about her adventures and her treatises on Tibetan Buddhism as a religious doctrine.’
- ‘But the Dalai Lama, who is the recognised leader of Tibetan Buddhism, is careful not to drown his audiences in too many technical Buddhist concepts.’
- ‘In Tibetan Buddhism, the Lama has such an elevated and important role.’
- ‘The first six of these nine vehicles are common to all schools of Tibetan Buddhism, whereas the last three, the Innermost Tantras, are exclusive to the Nyingma tradition.’
- ‘He said there are approximately 150 Tibetan Buddhist groups and more than 500,000 believers in Tibetan Buddhism in Taiwan.’
- ‘All walks of life watched this Buddhist reincarnation espouse the basic tenets of Tibetan Buddhism.’
- ‘These were the four great schools of Tibetan Buddhism, which will be introduced below.’
- ‘The main religion is Lamaism, which is the Yellow Sect of Tibetan Buddhism.’
- ‘According to one estimate, three out of four Western visitors to the spiritual center of Tibetan Buddhism and the seat of the Dalai Lama are Jewish.’
- ‘Mahamudra, the practice of looking directly at the mind, is the pinnacle of meditation and study in the Kagyu school of Tibetan Buddhism.’
- ‘He is considered the No.3 leader of Tibetan Buddhism after the Dalai Lama and the Panchen Lama.’
- ‘Hierarchy is very important in the tradition of Tibetan Buddhism.’
- ‘So we refer today to Japanese Buddhism, Chinese Buddhism, Tibetan Buddhism.’
- ‘What I found especially helpful was a discussion of Tibetan Buddhism and the Dalai Lama, put into a wider context.’
- ‘The best known face of Tibetan Buddhism is the Dalai Lama, who has lived in exile in India since he fled Chinese occupation of his country in 1959.’
- ‘To begin with, what feature of Tibetan Buddhism do you think differentiates it from other types of Buddhism or other spiritual paths?’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.