Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A type of plasticized cardboard carton for milk and other drinks, folded from a single sheet into a box shape.
- ‘They rush off to the kitchen and come back, Ryan sucking on a tetrapak of breakfast ‘shake’… Cam munching on a piece of bread.’
- ‘All of the above items, except tetrapaks and plastic, can be recycled for free at Kyletalisha, however newspapers and magazines must be tied in bundles.’
- ‘Amul has just launched ‘spicy buttermilk’ in a tetrapak.’
- ‘Coconut chips, a range of tender coconut water - tetrapacks, bottles, aerated, coconut jam, vinegar, etc. - are some of the products which need some push in the market.’
- ‘Safal fruit juices are being launched in four variants and will be available in one litre tetrapacks.’
- ‘Aavin will export milk in tetrapacks and tetrafino packs, through S.K. Hazari, who has been appointed the agent for Sri Lanka.’
- ‘Plastic packaging is versatile, durable, hygienic and cost-effective,’ he says, adding that a developing country like India has to depend more on plastic rather than on tetrapack, which is costlier.’
- ‘‘We've all got through this in one piece,’ said John Sweeney of Loughanure as the crew enjoyed a multi-cultural toast with bottles of champagne and tetrapaks of saki.’
- ‘With the spasmic strength of the departing spirit, his hands balled into fists and the tetrapak he was holding burst into waxed paper shrapnel.’
- ‘But, there will be no choice of breads and instead of fresh juice, a tetrapack of juice is served.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.