One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An automatic tea-maker.
- ‘You almost expected a Nicholas Parsons figure to shout: ‘Lucky Africa, you've won a Teasmade.’’
- ‘The Teasmade, is a combination of an alarm clock, a kettle and tea pot.’
- ‘Indeed, taken in conjunction with the analogue clock mounted in the centre of the dash, they could even be said to resemble parts removed from the fascia of a Teasmade.’
- ‘The Teasmade was a combined alarm clock and kettle, which would wake you up with an alarm, a bedside light and a hot cup of tea.’
- ‘It was an object, that's right and one day I was walking around these markets and I saw a Teasmade and bought it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.