One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fine rosé wine produced at Tavel in the south of France.
- ‘There is even an appellation, Tavel, dedicated to rosé.’
- ‘Bandol, Tavel, Bardolino Chiaretto, Grenache, and Rose of Pinot Noir are just samples of wines that celebrate the flavors of barbecued food.’
- ‘They offer a nice simple dry rosé, the 1998 Belleruche Coteaux-du-Tricastin, for around $13, and a 1998 Tavel (an appellation in the Rhône devoted to producing top-notch dry rosé) for about $22.’
- ‘In the 1940s he was hired as consultant to the large California producer Almaden, for whom he created the best-selling varietal Grenache Rosé, having been inspired by the French wine Tavel.’
- ‘This pale, full-bodied rosé is as good as anything being produced in more expensive Tavel in the Rhône valley.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.