One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A heavily built marsupial with a large head, powerful jaws, and mainly black fur, found only in Tasmania. It is slow-moving and aggressive, feeding mainly on carrion.
- ‘The researchers found that, pound for pound, the Tasmanian devil is the most powerful biter alive today.’
- ‘The only substantial mammalian predator on Kangaroo Island, the Tasmanian devil, is known only from the fossil record.’
- ‘For instance, today's red kangaroos and Tasmanian devils are much smaller than their fossil counterparts.’
- ‘The threatened animals include birds such as the ground parrot and eastern quoll and marsupials such as the Eastern barred bandicoot and Tasmanian devil.’
- ‘This group includes all of the pouched animals, such as opossums, kangaroos, and Tasmanian devils.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.