Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A sweet fortified red or white wine produced in the Tarragona region of Spain.
- ‘The Puig Rodó Rosat won the first prize at the 10th D.O. Tarragona wine competition.’
- ‘The Tarragona wine denomination protects the wines made in the region known as the Camp de Tarragona and part of the Ribera d' Ebre area.’
- ‘The Tarragona wine region consists of 36 vineyards, which produce 400,000 hl of wine annually.’
- ‘Tarragona wines were appreciated in Rome.’
- ‘The select D.O. Tarragona wines also deserve special mention, in particular the mistelles and mellow wines, ideal with desserts.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.