One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rug made in Tabriz, the older styles of which typically have a rich decorative medallion pattern.
- ‘Today, natural Tabriz rugs are among the most exquisite natural rugs available in the world, especially those which have silk accents in them.’
- ‘The better Tabriz rugs are distinguished by a very precise and tight weave that is very durable.’
- ‘There are many unique design patterns in a Tabriz rug.’
- ‘A favorite device for borders in Tabriz rugs is a succession of small medallions containing inscriptions in the Persian characters.’
- ‘The palette of Tabriz rugs is diverse, ranging from vivid to pastel, and using numerous colors in one rug.’
- ‘Most people who do have Tabriz rugs in Baghdad got them through an inheritance.’
- ‘The rug-weaving of Tabriz rugs is characterised by an amazingly high level of precision, which naturally increases with the knot density.’
- ‘Although pastel colors are frequently used, you can still find Tabriz rugs of this design with darker colors.’
- ‘A Tabriz rug is an example of the astounding and excellent skill that one comes to expect from Persian craftsmanship.’
- ‘The Tabriz rugs usually have a floral design, while exhibiting a terrific precision of design.’
- ‘Also, Tabriz rugs are permanently fixed on the floor once they are installed, because they are very heavy to lift.’
- ‘Though some people prefer to hang their Persian rugs on the wall, the Tabriz rug will stand up to everyday wear and tear on the floor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.