Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A rug made in Tabriz, the older styles of which typically have a rich decorative medallion pattern.
- ‘Although pastel colors are frequently used, you can still find Tabriz rugs of this design with darker colors.’
- ‘The Tabriz rugs usually have a floral design, while exhibiting a terrific precision of design.’
- ‘The better Tabriz rugs are distinguished by a very precise and tight weave that is very durable.’
- ‘The rug-weaving of Tabriz rugs is characterised by an amazingly high level of precision, which naturally increases with the knot density.’
- ‘Today, natural Tabriz rugs are among the most exquisite natural rugs available in the world, especially those which have silk accents in them.’
- ‘A Tabriz rug is an example of the astounding and excellent skill that one comes to expect from Persian craftsmanship.’
- ‘Though some people prefer to hang their Persian rugs on the wall, the Tabriz rug will stand up to everyday wear and tear on the floor.’
- ‘The palette of Tabriz rugs is diverse, ranging from vivid to pastel, and using numerous colors in one rug.’
- ‘There are many unique design patterns in a Tabriz rug.’
- ‘A favorite device for borders in Tabriz rugs is a succession of small medallions containing inscriptions in the Persian characters.’
- ‘Also, Tabriz rugs are permanently fixed on the floor once they are installed, because they are very heavy to lift.’
- ‘Most people who do have Tabriz rugs in Baghdad got them through an inheritance.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.