One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The Gospels of Matthew, Mark, and Luke, which describe events from a similar point of view, as contrasted with that of John.
- ‘Some scholars put a cautious date on Thomas, for example, in the middle of the first century, before the Synoptic Gospels.’
- ‘For example, based on a few scant verses, Segal tries to draw a clear contrast between the views of Paul on the Eucharist and those presented in the Synoptic Gospels.’
- ‘Blount divides his discussion of the New Testament into four chapters: the Synoptic Gospels, the Gospel of John, Paul, and Revelation.’
- ‘The Synoptic Gospels are permeated with teaching about the kingdom of God.’
- ‘The book's treatment of the Synoptic Gospels is much too brief to be enlightening.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.