Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A popular general-purpose system of massage, devised in Sweden.
- ‘The treatment list is comparatively small: a Swedish massage, one facial, one mud wrap, one body scrub, manicure and pedicure.’
- ‘At the spa you can do everything, from a relaxing Swedish massage to a moor-mud body wrap.’
- ‘For sunburned skin or after exposure to strong sunshine, experts recommend a Swedish massage with Oil of Frankincense, blended with geranium and calming lavender.’
- ‘There will be a fashion show compèred by Tommy Marren, also wine tasting, natural therapies such as reflexology, Swedish massage, Reiki and more.’
- ‘Your best bet is a Swedish massage, which is designed to relax muscles by applying deep pressure.’
- ‘Treat yourself to a nice Swedish massage and a facial before heading to dinner.’
- ‘The back rub consisted of basic Swedish massage strokes.’
- ‘Five two-hour sessions of Swedish massage and shiatsu (a kind of massage using acupressure) didn't help either.’
- ‘We were never allowed a doctor or anything like that - she believed in Swedish massage even when she broke her leg.’
- ‘In the intervention implemented in the present study, the mothers were given a 20-minute Swedish massage two times per week for four weeks.’
- ‘The women can choose from Swedish massage, reiki, therapeutic massage, aromatherapy, Indian head massage and reflexology.’
- ‘A standardised regimen of ten minutes duration was developed based on traditional massage practices, which were similar to the Swedish massage treatment.’
- ‘Visitors to the health farm can avail of treatments such as an aromatherapy and Swedish massage, a detox body wrap, a seaweed wrap, aqua detox, an ozone bath, a facial or a pedicure.’
- ‘The kneading of muscles, which dominates in Swedish massage, is absent from Thai massage - energy points are pressed or general pressure is used instead.’
- ‘His whacks are no more uncomfortable than a typical Swedish massage.’
- ‘This technique combines Swedish massage, acupressure, and deep strokes along your muscles.’
- ‘A Swedish massage concentrates on the soft tissues near the surface of your skin and doesn't involve the heavier pressure needed to massage soft tissue deeper in your body.’
- ‘A recent study found a 20-minute Swedish massage given two hours after a weight workout significantly reduced soreness over the next two days.’
- ‘If anyone feels like a bit more pampering, they can indulge in a full-body Swedish massage in the resort, payable locally.’
- ‘The École d' esthétique Édith Serei offers a ‘Massage Therapy’ program that allows students to specialize in Swedish massage, Shiatsu or Polarity.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.