One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of saw with a bow-like tubular frame and many cutting teeth.
- ‘Learn how to sharpen a Swede saw and more importantly how to handle a Swede saw safely.’
- ‘Stihls are great saws, but are slower than the Swede saws, and I think, too complex for a simple machine.’
- ‘Snips and Swede saws are great tools.’
- ‘They were followed by men with axes and Swede saws, cutting down the trees, laying them crosswise.’
- ‘Searchers on horseback had to use Swede saws to clear their way, chainsaws were forbidden even for search parties.’
Swede in the sense ‘Swedish’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.