One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A kind of orange-flavoured Italian liqueur.
- ‘Strega has a similar appearance to Galliano, though less vibrantly yellow.’
- ‘One of Italy's largest selling liqueurs, Strega has been produced in Benevento since 1860.’
- ‘Her home was candlelit and stocked with Strega and strange pills.’
- ‘Whenever your grandparents go to Italy, they bring back about five bottles of Strega, Galiano and Sambuca.’
- ‘I drank copious amounts of vodka and Strega for two or three hours, and collapsed.’
Italian, literally ‘witch’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.