Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A Fender Stratocaster electric guitar.
- ‘Fender created the Strat, as it is known, in 1954.’
- ‘But then again I never use a tremolo arm anyway, although this might be because the standard tremolos such as the one on my Strat just send the guitar so out of tune that I can't be bothered with it.’
- ‘The guitar player had a black Strat with chrome trim and nine yards of licks.’
- ‘Then his wife bought him a Strat and his mate arranged a very special fortieth birthday present’
- ‘And then, as you're probably aware, the Strat started to become more popular thanks to a certain Mr Hendrix.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.