One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in the UK) a government department that publishes governmental publications and provides stationery for government offices.
- ‘Bulk copies of Questions for Patients to Ask are available from the Stationery Office.’
- ‘The joint committee's Draft Disability Discrimination Bill Vol 1 Report is available from the Stationery Office, price £20.’
- ‘A book written by Sir Ernest Gowers, a senior British civil servant, the 1st edition published in 1954 by Her Majesty's Stationery Office.’
- ‘The London, Edinburgh and Belfast Gazettes are the official journals of the United Kingdom, Scotland and Northern Ireland, published by The Stationery Office.’
- ‘This involves sending the instrument to the Stationery Office where the date of printing will be conclusive evidence of when the instrument was first issued.’
- ‘The home affairs committee's report, Managing Dangerous People with Severe Personality Disorder, is available from the Stationery Office, price £14.70.’
- ‘Consultants' Contracts, a report from the House of Commons Select Committee on Health, is available from the Stationery Office, price £6.50.’
- ‘A Plan for Investment, a Plan for Reform is available from the Stationery Office, price £15.’
- ‘In 1909 the House of Commons decided to issue an official report of proceedings prepared by the Stationery Office.’
- ‘Legitimate collectors will have a badge issued by Her Majesty's Stationery Office.’
- ‘Printed under the authority of His Majesty's Stationery Office by Darling and Son, 1914.’
- ‘I would recommend to every cyclist a book entitled Cyclecraft by John Franklin, published by the Stationery Office.’
- ‘The public has to write to the Stationery Office and pay £16.10 for the document but you can also access it on the Internet.’
- ‘I pointed him to The New Scottish Politics by Hassan and Warhurst (The Stationery Office, #9.99) as a balanced and insightful account of the first year of the parliament.’
- ‘Copies of recently-passed laws can be found on Her Majesty's Stationery Office site.’
- ‘Copies of the report are available from the Stationery Office.’
- ‘They can be obtained from the Stationery Office.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.