Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A member of the Spartacus League.
- ‘The communists and Spartacists are few and far between these days.’
- ‘This inspired the Spartacists, who renamed themselves the German Communist Party on December 30th, 1918.’
- ‘The Republic faced opposition from the extreme left by Spartacists who resorted to force in efforts to overturn the Republic.’
- ‘No I don't know who she is, except that she was caught up in a Spartacist revolt and murdered by anti-socialist soldiers in 1919.’
- ‘In December she co-founded the German Communist Party which was essentially made up of Spartacists.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.