One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Another name for the aurora australis.See aurora
- ‘I saw the Southern Lights last August in Alexandra, NZ.’
- ‘This view of the Aurora Australis, or Southern Lights, which was photographed by an astronaut aboard Space Shuttle Discovery in 1991, shows a spiked band of red and green aurora above the Earth's Limb.’
- ‘His current interests include the simulation of light interaction with plants, as well as the dynamic simulation of the Aurora, better known as the Northern and Southern Lights.’
- ‘The ceiling near the entrance portrays two spectacular phenomena of southern skies - the Southern Cross and Aurora Australis, the Southern Lights.’
- ‘My mum has seen the Southern Lights 4 or 5 times in her life.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.