Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Another name for the aurora australis.See aurora
- ‘I saw the Southern Lights last August in Alexandra, NZ.’
- ‘My mum has seen the Southern Lights 4 or 5 times in her life.’
- ‘The ceiling near the entrance portrays two spectacular phenomena of southern skies - the Southern Cross and Aurora Australis, the Southern Lights.’
- ‘This view of the Aurora Australis, or Southern Lights, which was photographed by an astronaut aboard Space Shuttle Discovery in 1991, shows a spiked band of red and green aurora above the Earth's Limb.’
- ‘His current interests include the simulation of light interaction with plants, as well as the dynamic simulation of the Aurora, better known as the Northern and Southern Lights.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.