One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Another name for the aurora australis.See aurora
- ‘My mum has seen the Southern Lights 4 or 5 times in her life.’
- ‘I saw the Southern Lights last August in Alexandra, NZ.’
- ‘This view of the Aurora Australis, or Southern Lights, which was photographed by an astronaut aboard Space Shuttle Discovery in 1991, shows a spiked band of red and green aurora above the Earth's Limb.’
- ‘The ceiling near the entrance portrays two spectacular phenomena of southern skies - the Southern Cross and Aurora Australis, the Southern Lights.’
- ‘His current interests include the simulation of light interaction with plants, as well as the dynamic simulation of the Aurora, better known as the Northern and Southern Lights.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.