Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The northernmost of the three peoples forming the Blackfoot confederacy.
- ‘The Blood, Siksika, and Piegan freely intermarried, spoke a common language, shared the same cultural traits, and fought the same enemies.’
- ‘After reading Windspeaker and selecting articles to share at administration meetings with school principals, the newspaper is forwarded to our schools offering instruction to Siksika students.’
- ‘‘Through your knowledge and through your pain,’ said Butch Wolf Leg on behalf of the Siksika chief and council, ‘I hope that we may have gained something.’’
- ‘Transported to Rocky View hospital with minor injuries were a 17-year-old Siksika girl, an 18-year-old Siksika woman and a 53-year-old man from Calgary.’
- ‘I feel that whenever any one of us Nation members go somewhere we go as an ambassador for the Siksika Nation, and I am honored to represent the Siksika people and to uphold them in prayer on this day.’
- ‘The minister left the school after a short press conference that followed Stimson's remarks and attended a community meeting at the Siksika community centre.’
From Blackfoot siksi- black + ka- foot.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.