One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The northernmost of the three peoples forming the Blackfoot confederacy.
- ‘After reading Windspeaker and selecting articles to share at administration meetings with school principals, the newspaper is forwarded to our schools offering instruction to Siksika students.’
- ‘I feel that whenever any one of us Nation members go somewhere we go as an ambassador for the Siksika Nation, and I am honored to represent the Siksika people and to uphold them in prayer on this day.’
- ‘The Blood, Siksika, and Piegan freely intermarried, spoke a common language, shared the same cultural traits, and fought the same enemies.’
- ‘Transported to Rocky View hospital with minor injuries were a 17-year-old Siksika girl, an 18-year-old Siksika woman and a 53-year-old man from Calgary.’
- ‘The minister left the school after a short press conference that followed Stimson's remarks and attended a community meeting at the Siksika community centre.’
- ‘‘Through your knowledge and through your pain,’ said Butch Wolf Leg on behalf of the Siksika chief and council, ‘I hope that we may have gained something.’’
From Blackfoot siksi- ‘black’ + ka- ‘foot’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.