Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A title of respect used before the name of a man, a god, or a sacred book.‘Shri Chaudhuri’
- ‘The original text of this article used the future tense, indicating that the book Sri Chaitanya-sikshamrita had not yet been published.’
- ‘Kurai Onrum Illai telescopes the identities of the panchama and the Sri Vaishnava.’
- ‘Surely Shri K Sudarshan needs to ask himself whether he would like to preside over an organization whose ministrations have led Gujarat on the path of adharma.’
- ‘The history of Bilvamangala Thakura is given in a book called Shri Vallabha-digvijaya.’
- ‘At 15, he had his debut at the Sri Rajagopala Swamy Temple at Mannargudi.’
From Sanskrit Śrī beauty, fortune, used as an honorific title.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.