One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A title of respect used before the name of a man, a god, or a sacred book.‘Shri Chaudhuri’
- ‘Kurai Onrum Illai telescopes the identities of the panchama and the Sri Vaishnava.’
- ‘At 15, he had his debut at the Sri Rajagopala Swamy Temple at Mannargudi.’
- ‘The original text of this article used the future tense, indicating that the book Sri Chaitanya-sikshamrita had not yet been published.’
- ‘The history of Bilvamangala Thakura is given in a book called Shri Vallabha-digvijaya.’
- ‘Surely Shri K Sudarshan needs to ask himself whether he would like to preside over an organization whose ministrations have led Gujarat on the path of adharma.’
From Sanskrit Śrī ‘beauty, fortune’, used as an honorific title.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.