One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A religious system based on the seeking of self-knowledge and spiritual fulfilment through graded courses of study and training. It was founded by American science fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard (1911–86) in 1955.
- ‘I think it's wonderful that his belief in Scientology is so strong, but I resented being preached at by him.’
- ‘There are so many specific daily results that I get from Dianetics and Scientology.’
- ‘The video I watch consists entirely of a 1966 interview with L. Ron Hubbard, the charismatic founder of Scientology.’
- ‘All religions require learning and sacrifice, and Scientology is no exception.’
- ‘Earlier this month, stunning Katie, who was raised a Catholic, admitted she had been studying Scientology.’
From Latin scientia ‘knowledge’ + -logy.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.