One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- short for state-owned enterprise
- ‘A bank run would force a large number of SOEs to close their doors.’
- ‘Privatization refers to the transfer of ownership, management and control of the SOE to some private interest, individual, group or private corporation.’
- ‘The first method of privatization allowed an SOE to become a joint-stock or limited liability corporation with shares being offered for sale to the public.’
- ‘His ministerial mates would stick him on the board of an SOE, a quango or one of umpteen other types of publicly funded organisation.’
- ‘The government has already helped more than 12 million laid-off SOE employees find new jobs in the past two years, Zhang said.’
Special Operations Executive.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.