One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A technique of deep tissue manipulation aimed at the release and realignment of the body, and the reduction of muscular and psychic tension.Also called structural integration
- ‘He suggests counseling, support groups and physically orientated therapies such as tai chi, Reiki yoga and Rolfing.’
- ‘She personally conducted training in her Structural Integration Method technique, which later became known as Rolfing, at the Esalen Institute in the '60s.’
- ‘Over the past thirty years, the movement has expanded exponentially to include emphases on nutrition, physical exercise and various body therapy approaches, including Rolfing.’
- ‘She has authored several books on the relationship of form and structure in the human body, including Rolfing.’
- ‘He underwent a physical therapy called Rolfing, which increased muscle pliability.’
1970s: from the name of Ida P. Rolf (1897–1979), American physiotherapist, + -ing.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.