Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A dog of a breed having a short light brown coat and a ridge of hair along the middle of the back, growing in the opposite direction to the rest of the coat.
- ‘I felt a little unsafe, so I got a big dog to go with me on these hikes, a Rhodesian ridgeback that was supposed to be protecting me.’
- ‘I once had a neighbor whose favorite stupid pet-owner trick was to have his Rhodesian ridgeback jump up to chomp on and then hang on to a cattle prod.’
- ‘His beloved Rhodesian ridgeback, Hugo, died of cancer two Januarys ago.’
- ‘However, although Rosario and Jason love the location of their new home, the actress - who grew up in New York City - admits they chose it for their beloved pet dogs, two Rhodesian ridgebacks.’
- ‘The young, healthy Rottweiler and Rhodesian ridgeback passed away suddenly at the same address within two days of each other.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.