One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dog of a breed having a short light brown coat and a ridge of hair along the middle of the back, growing in the opposite direction to the rest of the coat.
- ‘However, although Rosario and Jason love the location of their new home, the actress - who grew up in New York City - admits they chose it for their beloved pet dogs, two Rhodesian ridgebacks.’
- ‘I once had a neighbor whose favorite stupid pet-owner trick was to have his Rhodesian ridgeback jump up to chomp on and then hang on to a cattle prod.’
- ‘I felt a little unsafe, so I got a big dog to go with me on these hikes, a Rhodesian ridgeback that was supposed to be protecting me.’
- ‘His beloved Rhodesian ridgeback, Hugo, died of cancer two Januarys ago.’
- ‘The young, healthy Rottweiler and Rhodesian ridgeback passed away suddenly at the same address within two days of each other.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.