One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dog of a breed having a short light brown coat and a ridge of hair along the middle of the back, growing in the opposite direction to the rest of the coat.
- ‘His beloved Rhodesian ridgeback, Hugo, died of cancer two Januarys ago.’
- ‘I felt a little unsafe, so I got a big dog to go with me on these hikes, a Rhodesian ridgeback that was supposed to be protecting me.’
- ‘I once had a neighbor whose favorite stupid pet-owner trick was to have his Rhodesian ridgeback jump up to chomp on and then hang on to a cattle prod.’
- ‘The young, healthy Rottweiler and Rhodesian ridgeback passed away suddenly at the same address within two days of each other.’
- ‘However, although Rosario and Jason love the location of their new home, the actress - who grew up in New York City - admits they chose it for their beloved pet dogs, two Rhodesian ridgebacks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.