Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A male Rastafarian.
- ‘During an exclusive interview on Monday Anderson James told me Mary's relationship with Chakka, a Rastaman, had always been violent.’
- ‘The Rastaman is the ultimate Freedom Fighter, battling the conglomeration of sexism, racism, classism, colonialism, and cultural denigration.’
- ‘But Rastaman have so much trial and tribulation, trouble never stops.’
- ‘Look for the shop near Whitehall where a Rastaman sells solid cast-iron pots.’
- ‘As someone who is from Africa and a Rastaman, how do see the relationship between Africa and reggae?’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.