One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in the UK) the Privy Council as issuing Orders in Council or receiving petitions when the reigning monarch is a queen.‘his position was made by Queen in Council’
- ‘This argument that the Commissioner is not the agent or delegate of the Queen in Council is wholly bloodless.’
- ‘The process of appealing the judgement of a final court of appeal to the Queen in Council does not strictly amount to the existence of a further tier of appeal within the ordinary judicial hierarchy, but is an appeal directly to the fount of justice.’
- ‘I am sorry, I want to seek leave for a certificate to take the matter to the Queen in Council because of the fact that there is a High Court Judge in the writ.’
- ‘They have wide powers of self-government, although primary legislation passed by the assemblies requires approval by The Queen in Council.’
- ‘Royal Assent is required for all primary legislation and this power vests in the Queen in Council, but in most cases is exercised by the Lieutenant Governor under delegated authority.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.