One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Mid 19th century: initial letter of quantity.
1Quarter (used to refer to a specified quarter of the financial year)‘we expect to have an exceptional Q4’
2Queen (used especially in describing card games and recording moves in chess)‘17 Qb4’
3Question.‘Q: What's the problem? A: I don't feel well’
Denoting the hypothetical source of the passages shared by the gospels of Matthew and Luke, but not found in Mark.
1The seventeenth letter of the alphabet.
- ‘The Q virus infects the letter Q on your machine, causing potential damage to any document with a Q in it.’
- ‘I encountered some difficulty when required to pronounce the letter Q.’
- ‘The glossy alabaster white embossment was the silhouette of a horse with the letter Q on its flanks.’
- 1.1 Denoting the next after P in a set of items, categories, etc.
- ‘Each element of the set Q occurs exactly once in each row and each column of the table.’
- ‘All of the currently considered stocks in group q remain in the portfolio.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.